Project Runway Season 7 Premiere

Last night Project Runway Season 7 premiered so you know I was glued to the TV. The first episode was "Back to New York City" with the 16 new designers and as usual the show opened by introducing them and their aesthetic.  Although every season brings a fresh batch of  designers there's always a designer or two who is more authentic than the rest; this season I believe it's Ping Wu. I liked her runway creation. It was unexpected and interesting. I was a bit skeptical when she was designing it but it was beautifully constructed and it looked nice on the model. Judge Nina Garcia, Marie Claire's Fashion Director, critique the garment as not having hanger appeal and I agree. Ping's design would look awful on a hanger but I want to see more from her.


Seth Henderson is another designer that has peaked my interest. His garment was youthful and girly punk rock chic.







































The winning design by Emilio Sosa. Nothing extravagant but cute.







Although I didn't like his design, Anthony Williams, wins the Miss Congeniality award. He has a vibrant personality and seems like he'll get along with everyone.

The rest of the designs were ok or ugly and overall the premiere was disappointing. Hope next week is better.

To see the rest of the designs click here.

1 comments:

saysloo said...

f9z14t0p59 g2o14d5n73 k8t23a9q01 o8p81r2h53 d6y32g6g01 x3f29t4v08

Post a Comment