My Creme Obsession

Check out my new shoes from Aldo. Compliments of my thoughtful bf.....




So here's the story behind these...
When I first saw them in Aldo, I was with my girlfriend and encouraged her to try them on because she was looking for some booties. She tried them on, liked them and went on and on about how comfy they were, so I tried them on and fell in love but they were pricey(well at least for me, $120). However, my girlfriend didn't have a problem with them being $120 but she didn't buy them either. So we left them there, unclaimed and ready for the next woman or women to purchase them. Upset but not down, I was determined to purchase these against my shoe policy(never buying a pair of shoes over 100. There's always a way to get them cheaper). They were that fly.

So a few weeks went by(like three) and I was monitoring them; making sure my size was still available or if they went on sale(even though I knew they were a new release but wishful thinking).One day I was with my boo, showed them to him(hoping he would buy them for me lol), and asked  him what he thought. He just gave me the side eye and dragged me out the store. Again, I left Aldo hurt. This time with the sad puppy dog face. Meanwhile, my boyfriend is calling me pitiful and laughing at me(the nerve of him).

A couple more weeks went by and I started to forget about them because I had other things to worry about until one Friday. I was having a really bad day and nothing was going my way. The only thing I had to look forward to was a road trip to Delaware with my sorority sisters. While speaking to my darling boyfriend, who wanted to cheer me up and insisted we go get some lunch and talk, he told me he had a surprise for me. Now 98% of the time my boyfriend can't surprise me because I'm always asking questions or thinking, so naturally I figure it out but this time I had absolutely no clue. So we're having our lunch date, everything is fine, he's cheering me up like the good boyfriend he is and says to me "babe I know you're having a rough day but I think this will really make your day." He starts digging in his pants pocket. So I'm thinking, is he about to give me money for Delaware? Hell, I'll take it lol. Instead he pulls out a receipt from Aldo and says "I know you really wanted these so I decided to buy them for you." My eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store. My boo ordered my shoes!!! Happy days were here again and all was right with the world. It really did make my day a whole lot better because it was a sweet and random gesture from the love of my life. Not to mention I saved $120.

I haven't worn them out yet...still putting together an outfit. Any ideas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment