The Grammys

So how about those Grammys?

Last night was the biggest night in music, just in case you live under a rock, where the biggest names in music came to reap the fruits of their labor. It was also ladies night as the 3 hottest female artists, Beyonce, Lady GaGa, and Taylor Swift, were nominated for several awards in the same categories, including the most coveted one, album of the year.

It would appear that Ms. lace front wig, Beyonce, was the winner. She took home 6 grammys, making history as the first female to win the most awards in one night in Grammy history..talk about really reaping the fruits of your labor..

I usually have a love/hate relationship with Bey Bey but she had a couple of bangers, can't even lie, not to mention she is one hard working female. So she deserves it. She also gave a great performance, despite the song choice(She sang if I was a boy...ugh), and unleashed her inner rock star by channeling Alanis Morrisette.

Simply stated, Beyonce was on fiiiiiiyah!!!

But it was Taylor Swift who got the last laugh as she won top honors for having Fearless "The Best Album of the Year."  Mmmm, now I like Taylor and some of her songs( "You belong to me" is one of my faves) but I DID NOT EXPECT HER TO WIN!!!!!! I could've sworn that Lady GaGa was going to get that hands down. I would've put money on it(and obviously lost it). Where is Knaye when you need him!? I swear his outbursts are displayed at the wrong time..

 In addition to Best Album of ther Year, Taylor Swift took home 3 other grammys.

GaGa, despite having a break out year, came  in last place with only 1 award. I'm totally shock because I was expecting her to be stiff competition for Beyonce but nah.. O well, it is still an honor to win one grammy and she, too, had an amazing performance with the legendary Elton John.

 Jamie Foxx's performance was ill! It was soo hot. I loved the energy and the opera opening was hilarious and clever.

Now as for Tpain apologizing to Jay-Z for using autotune...ARE U KIDDING ME? Is it that serious? Just because Jay-Z puts out DOA explaining his distaste for the ever so infamous autotune, you have to apologize for using it in your performance? What type of bitchassness is that? So not only did you come out with a song in response to Jay-Z's DOA but you embarrass yourself by apologizing to the man? Why are you sorry? Autotune has obviously been paying your bills and helping you create a name for yourself so don't apologize. He must be on Jay's payroll because the ass-kissing was unnecessary.. Although his nickname is Hova, he is not the messiah of music! I seriously hope he was just joking.  Ok I'm done lol.

O and if Drake and Lil Wayne do another performance that's mostly bleeped out Ima be like Ron Browz and go jumping out the window...sheesh

Overall the 52nd Annual  Granmys were good and I enjoyed watching it for the most part ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment